Apple Music - "Listen now" tab not working

Same issue as reported in April 2021 on thread 252665932:

Apple Music - "Listen now" tab not working - Apple Community

I am on a Windows desktop PC running the browser-based music.apple.com, and the "Listen Now" tab shows a white screen with the text "An error occurred" and a button that says "Try Again".

Computer has been restarted and shut down multiple times, and the "Try Again" button does not fix the issue. This happens all the time, for weeks. Have never been able to access. I CAN however play music; just cannot access the "Listen Now" tab.

Spoke to Apple support today, and the call was escalated 4 times and the final answer provided was "because you are using third-party software, I suggest you reach out to Microsoft regarding the Edge browser, and Google regarding the Chrome browser, as there may be a setting that needs to be changed" (and presumably I should reach out to Mozilla regarding the Firefox browser).

I asked the agent if they were instructing me to install the Safari browser, and the agent said "No" (presumably because while you can install Safari on a Windows PC, Apple no longer develops the browser for Windows -- I didn't ask).

I will cancel my subscription soon. I am impressed that I only had to wait 1 hour on the phone to receive a concrete answer. Concrete in that the answer was a very clear "we don't know, and we're not going to help you fix it". All the agents spoke English natively, and while I got escalated several times, almost all of the escalation was happening in the background so I did not have to repeat myself.

All that said - Apple Music is an inferior product from Apple and not worth subscribing to if you are not in their walled garden.

Windows

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 9:05 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music - "Listen now" tab not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.