I can't send a message to the iMac using the iCloud server.

I can't send a message to the iMac using the iCloud server. The following message appears: Check the address of the recipient of this message. Check the SMTP server settings in the Mail settings and check additional parameters with the system administrator.

Server response: <unknown[94.127.223.240]>: Client host rejected: Access denied

Select another outgoing mail server from the list below or click "Try later" to leave the message in the Outgoing mailbox until it is sent.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 8:06 AM

SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) indicates you're attempting to send an email; the error message you're getting indicates the SMTP server referenced is not one that is working or it doesn't exist. That's why the error is asking you to verify the SMTP settings are correct. You get this data from the email service you are using.

Mac Mail allows you to choose the outgoing server through which you send any email. I prefer to send email through the respective servers: Comcast for Comcast, iCloud for iCloud, Yahoo for Yahoo and etc. But you can choose any of the active accounts to send them all if that's what you want.

Mail > Settings > Accounts > Server Settings. Of course if you're not using Mac mail this is a moot point.

What email account are you using? Yahoo? iCloud? gmail? Outlook? Thunderbird? some other?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 8:06 AM in response to DimUm

SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) indicates you're attempting to send an email; the error message you're getting indicates the SMTP server referenced is not one that is working or it doesn't exist. That's why the error is asking you to verify the SMTP settings are correct. You get this data from the email service you are using.

Mac Mail allows you to choose the outgoing server through which you send any email. I prefer to send email through the respective servers: Comcast for Comcast, iCloud for iCloud, Yahoo for Yahoo and etc. But you can choose any of the active accounts to send them all if that's what you want.

Mail > Settings > Accounts > Server Settings. Of course if you're not using Mac mail this is a moot point.

What email account are you using? Yahoo? iCloud? gmail? Outlook? Thunderbird? some other?

I can't send a message to the iMac using the iCloud server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.