Apple Watch Only - How do you disable #images from Messaging App?

My kids have Apple Watches for emergency use and also quick communication with their parents. The problem is the messaging app has the gif search #images that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable it even on my own watch. They are able to search for inappropriate content potentially on #images.

My question is, how do you disable #images (the gif search) on the Apple Watch? Please don't send me instructions how to do it on the iPhone or iPad because the process is not the same, the options are just not there because it's not standardized across the platforms (iOS and WatchOS).

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:46 PM

Hey there captainlooney,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

We understand the concern; however, it would not be possible to disable the #images search on the Apple Watch. From here, the best option would be to provide feedback about this feature using this link here: Product Feedback - Apple

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2023 12:46 PM in response to captainlooney

Hey there captainlooney,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

We understand the concern; however, it would not be possible to disable the #images search on the Apple Watch. From here, the best option would be to provide feedback about this feature using this link here: Product Feedback - Apple

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Apple Watch Only - How do you disable #images from Messaging App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.