iPhone phone messages icon

When I am in my messages app conversation with someone, I am only getting the FaceTime icon in the right hand corner.

How can I change it back to also have the phone call icon there as well ?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 5:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2023 2:41 PM in response to emilyjgoode

Hi emilyjgoode,

As shown in the image on Send and reply to messages on iPhone the FaceTime icon is what will display while in a Messages conversation with another Apple-device:

"Reply to a message

Messages are grouped by conversation in the Messages list. You can reply to any conversation. A dot indicates you haven’t yet read one or more messages in that conversation.

A conversation in Messages, with incoming messages on the left, and your messages on the right. A text field at the bottom of the conversation is where you enter your reply."

If you prefer to make an audio call from this screen, long-pressing that icon will present the options for a FaceTime Audio or FaceTime Video call you may then select to continue. You can also tap the contact icon at the top of the window to view the Contact Card including other contact options there.

Regards.

iPhone phone messages icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.