Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Photos

I'd like to sort my photos in descending order on my iPad Air 5 , from newest to the oldest. I know this could be done in Album,but I want to sort it Library, like when I take a picture it will show on top and not at the bottom.

So, please don't respond with it could be done in Album folder, I already know that.

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 11:16 PM

Currently this option does not exist, at least I did not find it.

You can always send a feedback to the Apple Team, maybe it will be included in one of the next versions.

Product Feedback - Apple

3 replies

Aug 3, 2023 10:12 AM in response to darko181

BTU

darko181 wrote:

I'd like to sort my photos in descending order on my iPad Air 5 , from newest to the oldest. I know this could be done in Album,but I want to sort it Library, like when I take a picture it will show on top and not at the bottom.
So, please don't respond with it could be done in Album folder, I already know that.

Jul 6, 2023 1:20 AM in response to darko181

It is intentional that all albums predefined in Photos are having a fixed sort order, either by the date added or the date taken. Apple is offering many different ready-made albums with a different selection of photos and a different sort order, and we are supposed to view the photos in the album that is suiting our needs best instead of modifying the albums.

The predefined albums are the foundation we are supposed to build our own library structure on with our own folder and albums. It is the same on all Apple devices, even on a Mac.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.