Case replacement

I bought a apple magsafe case but when I put it on for the first time it cracked in the corner a few days later I dropped my phone and now the case is chipped, am I able to get a replacement?

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 4:12 PM

You can certainly get a replacement, but chances are pretty good, you will have to pay the full cost for it.

When it first cracked, you could have taken it to your local Apple Store where an Apple technician can examine it for any manufacturing defects. If they concur that it was, you could have gotten a replacement at little or no cost. However, since you dropped it later, that is not covered so you pretty much "missed the boat" on that one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2023 4:12 PM in response to JapnamSingh

You can certainly get a replacement, but chances are pretty good, you will have to pay the full cost for it.

When it first cracked, you could have taken it to your local Apple Store where an Apple technician can examine it for any manufacturing defects. If they concur that it was, you could have gotten a replacement at little or no cost. However, since you dropped it later, that is not covered so you pretty much "missed the boat" on that one.

Case replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.