Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Resetting all Activity data from Health app doesn’t work

I am trying to delete all of my Activity data (awards, workouts, etc.) on the Health app on my iPhone, but it seems it didn’t work. Can somebody fix this issue?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 8:38 AM

To reset all health and fitness app history (including Awards), follow the steps below. Note that this process involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and watch, including Health data, HomeKit data and saved passwords.

1.Unpair your watch from your iPhone via the Watch app.

2.Make an unencrypted backup of your iPhone.

This must be done via iTunes on a computer (because iCloud backups are encrypted by default).

In Itunes do not select the option to Encrypt iPhone backup.

3.Erase all content and settings on your iPhone.

On your iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

4.Restore iPhone from the unencrypted backup.

5.Choose to restore the watch from backup when offered the option during set up.

6.Then setup your watch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 8:38 AM in response to Community User

To reset all health and fitness app history (including Awards), follow the steps below. Note that this process involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and watch, including Health data, HomeKit data and saved passwords.

1.Unpair your watch from your iPhone via the Watch app.

2.Make an unencrypted backup of your iPhone.

This must be done via iTunes on a computer (because iCloud backups are encrypted by default).

In Itunes do not select the option to Encrypt iPhone backup.

3.Erase all content and settings on your iPhone.

On your iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

4.Restore iPhone from the unencrypted backup.

5.Choose to restore the watch from backup when offered the option during set up.

6.Then setup your watch.

Jul 7, 2023 8:15 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I am trying to reset all of my Activity data on my Apple Watch without erasing my iPhone. No, I didn’t see error messages. I saw “No data found” on the Health app, and it is not what I was expected. My activity is still there.

Resetting all Activity data from Health app doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.