Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Erasing broken iPhone

My iphone is broken and unrecognizable on itunes and I cannot erase it on icloud it says pending action will take effect when iphone connects to internet. I dont think it can connect. With the USB it connected to the computer and turns on but cannor do anything with it. I already have the replacement activated and restored from icloud backup. Do I need to worry about any of my data should I choose to just remove it, before sending it back to the insurance? Please help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 4:46 PM

If the iPhone is broken, as you have stated, then it will not be functional for you to be able to remove all data and return it to factory settings. The only way for someone to retrieve your data is by getting the iPhone repaired and then know your passcode that you used to unlock it to get to the Home Screen.

If you have the iPhone locked with a passcode, then you should not be worried about anyone getting to your data. NOTE that the perpetrator would also have to invest in repairing your iPhone and then guess your passcode.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 4:46 PM in response to DCWNN

If the iPhone is broken, as you have stated, then it will not be functional for you to be able to remove all data and return it to factory settings. The only way for someone to retrieve your data is by getting the iPhone repaired and then know your passcode that you used to unlock it to get to the Home Screen.

If you have the iPhone locked with a passcode, then you should not be worried about anyone getting to your data. NOTE that the perpetrator would also have to invest in repairing your iPhone and then guess your passcode.

Axel F.

Erasing broken iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.