Can anybody help with getting my data back undo the most recent sync of icloud?

I recently got upgrade phone I had data transfer to new phone everything was perfect I wanted to give old phone to my son and keep the games on it that he played before so I started deleting everything I wanted private and not for child to access website bookmarks reading list and notes stored and when done I decided to sign out Apple ID and create his own. Very bad idea I was told I could clear all data and it wouldn’t affect other phone but Inwasnt told when signing out iCloud syncs doesn’t give me time to stop it and it changed everything on my new phone. So then I look online restore iPhone before last sync iTunes and I have latest version on Windows 10. It says its downloading stuff for phone and will reset phone when it completed but there was no download progress bar. So I reset factory default of phone and go through process to restore from iCloud backup and due to never having enough space as I never saw importance to need 50GB or more when its not photos videos or media and I didn’t think notes and web bookmarks took up so much space. Last backup was 2022 Jan. Everything in last year gone yet I wonder if I sign out of my child’s Apple ID and back into mine will it at least retain most of current stuff from this year? I don’t know and I think you all think I’m stupid and I feel stupid all this sync across different platforms change on one and it affects all others this is too complicated for me to understand how to stop sync but not lose the data and from now on if I’m ever deleting from another source I will have my wifi data off so it can’t connect online and sync and that’s where I realize I went wrong. It never gave me no I agree to terms or warning as I was signing out of Apple ID that it would sync and replace the backup I had wanted to keep before I manually removed from previous iPhone. I’m sad and a bad Apple and I’m not happy with Apple iCloud for doing this to me. I would gladly upgrade to higher icloud plan if there was a way to recover the stored info that was transferred phone to phone it must be recorded in some database as it was done through online as both devices near each other. Please help me

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 9:29 PM

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch read this support article --> If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you store your notes on iCloud, check your Recently Deleted folder:

1. Open Notes, then tap the back icon < until you see your Folders list.

2. Tap Recently Deleted and search for your note.

If you find your note in Recently Deleted or in another folder, you can move it:

1. In the Notes list, tap Edit.

2. Select the note that you want to move.

3. Tap Move, then select the folder you want to move it to.

If you use notes with another service, like Gmail or Yahoo, check the Trash folder of that account in the Mail app. If you delete a note from the Notes app, your third-party account will usually keep it in the Trash folder. To recover a note from the Trash folder, you need to copy and paste the note to a new note in the Notes app.

- Notes in Recently Deleted are available for 30 days (possibly up to 40 days - according to the support article image).

- Read the support article for complete details.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 9:29 PM in response to Badapplesad

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch read this support article --> If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you store your notes on iCloud, check your Recently Deleted folder:

1. Open Notes, then tap the back icon < until you see your Folders list.

2. Tap Recently Deleted and search for your note.

If you find your note in Recently Deleted or in another folder, you can move it:

1. In the Notes list, tap Edit.

2. Select the note that you want to move.

3. Tap Move, then select the folder you want to move it to.

If you use notes with another service, like Gmail or Yahoo, check the Trash folder of that account in the Mail app. If you delete a note from the Notes app, your third-party account will usually keep it in the Trash folder. To recover a note from the Trash folder, you need to copy and paste the note to a new note in the Notes app.

- Notes in Recently Deleted are available for 30 days (possibly up to 40 days - according to the support article image).

- Read the support article for complete details.

Jul 7, 2023 9:50 PM in response to Limnos

All icloud

notes

those were the only ones I see when I go up a level from directory in iCloud notes. There is no recently deleted folder showing for me. Is there 3rd party software it accesses deleted notes reading list and bookmarks in safari? Like a recycling bin on server similar to windows on desktop? I erased all data on older iPhone and like I said started manual install with Apple ID for my kid and yet I just signed out and signed into my Apple ID on older device and at least everything I had left over from notes and apps it retrieved that and this was not the iCloud backup from 2022 it accessed this is what it was recent. So if a factory default reset phone that bring up hello start message and I can enter my own Apple ID and it retrieves everything that was transferred to the new phone earlier today all except the stuff I went in and manually removed. It must be stored somewhere right? So a bit of happy ending I factory reset the newest iPhone I have to factory default and synced from my Apple ID off the older iPhone model so I’m back to where I was at least before I made it worse and lost the whole year of work. I feel like the data I removed manually it must be stored on server somewhere in cyber space. If you know any other details please let me in on it

Can anybody help with getting my data back undo the most recent sync of icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.