Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My macbook pro which is linked to my appleid and find my account is locked by activation lock.

Hello there, i purchased a macbook pro 2020 before 2 years, on year 2021. I purchased it from a local electronics dealer in the region where there is no apple support. At that time I attached my appleid to the device and i also activated find my for the device. I can still see the device on my appleid device list and also i can see it in find my devices list.

The problem is before a week i found an update notification in the setting and i go for it. Immediately it shows activation lock.

I tried to activate and login using my device password but it shows password error and password unacceptable due to multiple error message. I am sure the password is correct.

Then I tried to use appleid and the big problem showed up. It shows b*****@yahoo.fr which is totally new for me. I imagine it is previous owners email id. I don't know the original owner and the local dealer also can't trace him/her. Even I can't see the full email address to communicate.

I tried to fill apple support how ever it requires proof of ownership which shows only purchase only from supported region. I have a receipt for my purchase from my local electronics dealer but it is not helping.

My questions is

1. Can a device linked to multiple appleid and find my account at the same time?

2. Considering my condition what is the solution?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:58 AM

It seems that you've bought a device that is not completely wiped, hence having the old owners Apple ID still in it.

Since you've bought the MacBook second hand, your best course of action would be to contact the seller. Since you're not the original owner, you cannot remove the activation lock yourself

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 24, 2024 11:09 AM in response to junaidjabbar

junaidjabbar wrote:

To disable Activation Lock, turn off Find My
1.Choose Apple menu  > System Settings.
2.Click your name (Apple ID) in the sidebar.
3.Click iCloud on the right1. .
4.Scroll down and turn off Find My Mac, then enter your Apple ID password when prompted.

Did you miss the part where they explained that it's locked to someone else's Apple ID and they don't have the password? Or that the post is about 10 months old?

It's great that you want to help. You'd be doing a lot more good if you posted in active threads.

My macbook pro which is linked to my appleid and find my account is locked by activation lock.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.