How do I restore my info for my MacBook

I went to the Apple Store and there I was trying to unlock my MacBook Air because of some firmware password. This guy tells me to remove my device from my account and after that it needed the serial number? How do I get that information back?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 4:13 AM

A Firmware Password if forgotten

According to this Apple Support Document, it would require the user to present the Original Proof Of Purchase Before Apple would even attempt to unLock this device

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

To find the Serial Number of this computer log into My Apple ID and look for Devices

If this computer is registered to your Apple ID Account - it should appear listed in Devices

The Serial Number would be also listed

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 4:13 AM in response to 363kinggeo

A Firmware Password if forgotten

According to this Apple Support Document, it would require the user to present the Original Proof Of Purchase Before Apple would even attempt to unLock this device

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

To find the Serial Number of this computer log into My Apple ID and look for Devices

If this computer is registered to your Apple ID Account - it should appear listed in Devices

The Serial Number would be also listed

How do I restore my info for my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.