How to remove auto populate for address field?

My Mail app is constantly populating the address field with incorrect email destinations. Even trying to "edit address" does not allow me to input the correct recipient. It will again try to default to the incorrect address. VERY frustrating. Does not seem like I can solve it in settings even after turning off "Use Smart Addresses".

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 9:40 PM

Re: "My Mail app is constantly populating the address field with incorrect email destinations."

Seems you may need to check that contact cards in your "Contacts" app are up-to-date.

ie: You can edit any cards that have incorrect addresses, so the right addresses populate fields in the Mail app.

(Just click the "Edit" button at the bottom on a contact card, make any changes, Click Done to save the changes.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 9:40 PM in response to AngelaKeen

Re: "My Mail app is constantly populating the address field with incorrect email destinations."

Seems you may need to check that contact cards in your "Contacts" app are up-to-date.

ie: You can edit any cards that have incorrect addresses, so the right addresses populate fields in the Mail app.

(Just click the "Edit" button at the bottom on a contact card, make any changes, Click Done to save the changes.)

How to remove auto populate for address field?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.