Dissatisfied with app developer

Downloaded an app to my new phone and was unable to restore my purchases for this app. Contacted app developer and they won’t give me a credit or refund. Feel this is dishonest bc I provided receipts and was told there is no way to restore purchases, but there is literally a button on the app for this option. What else can I do?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 4:47 PM

If you’re using the iPad Pro with the app you’re having issues with, consider updating it to current iPadOS. iPadOS 14 is old. iPadOS 16.5.1 is current. Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

As for what to do with the app, you can access the app store webpage and leave a review, and use the Report a Problem link to send a complaint to Apple.

But I’d update the iPhone and/or iPad involved to current first, and try again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 4:47 PM in response to Casey129

If you’re using the iPad Pro with the app you’re having issues with, consider updating it to current iPadOS. iPadOS 14 is old. iPadOS 16.5.1 is current. Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

As for what to do with the app, you can access the app store webpage and leave a review, and use the Report a Problem link to send a complaint to Apple.

But I’d update the iPhone and/or iPad involved to current first, and try again.

Jul 11, 2023 4:54 PM in response to MrHoffman

Great advice by MrHoffman to make sure you are updated to the latest iOS first. Most of the time bug testing is done on the latest iOS release and many problems can be found using an older version. Developers do have the option to not support older versions when they do updates, but many will try to keep everyone happy by continuing support.

Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM in response to Casey129

Casey129 wrote:

Downloaded an app to my new phone and was unable to restore my purchases for this app. Contacted app developer and they won’t give me a credit or refund. Feel this is dishonest bc I provided receipts and was told there is no way to restore purchases, but there is literally a button on the app for this option. What else can I do?

Developers can't provide credit or refund. Apple handles all of the money. Developers have no access to that.

Also the restore functionality is handled by Apple. Developers have no control over that either.

What you have to do is download the app using the same Apple ID that you used to purchase the app. Delete the app first. Then, go to your purchase history. The app should be listed. If not, then you haven't purchased it under that Apple ID. You'll have to find the Apple ID that you used to purchase it with. Once you are logged in with the correct Apple ID, then you won't see a "Get" button. Instead, you'll see a cloud button where you can re-download the app. Then the restore button will work.

Dissatisfied with app developer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.