Can’t see messages after blocking someone

Hi, I accidentally blocked someone because of their new number and after unblocking I can’t see the new messages except on my watch…

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 7:23 AM

Messages can be blocked by their phone number as well as their email address. Since you can see them on your watch, it sounds like the email they used for messaging was blocked as well. Review this support article to see how to get to the blocked number/email list depending on the app. If you also have the person in your Contacts app, you can go there to see if they are blocked there.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 7:23 AM in response to caeh

Messages can be blocked by their phone number as well as their email address. Since you can see them on your watch, it sounds like the email they used for messaging was blocked as well. Review this support article to see how to get to the blocked number/email list depending on the app. If you also have the person in your Contacts app, you can go there to see if they are blocked there.

Can’t see messages after blocking someone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.