Unable to update/redownload pre-installed Pro Apps Bundle for Education

I purchased the Pro App Bundle for Education (Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage) as an extra to be pre-installed on my new Mac.

I was prompted to update the apps which was fine for 4 of them but the Motion app gave me an error message saying 'Unable to update app as it was purchased with a different Apple ID'. This isn't true the Mac and Bundle were purchased and set up with the same Apple ID and the Mac has only had 1 Apple ID associated with it.

I looked for some help online and one thread suggested deleting and re-installing the App. I was unable to do this as the Mac App Store wanted me to pay for Motion again. I have now restored the Motion app from a Time Machine back up.

Why is the app not connected to my Apple ID but the other 4 in the bundle are and how do I re-download it properly (without paying for it agin) so that I can update the app?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 2:10 PM

Try to get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to update/redownload pre-installed Pro Apps Bundle for Education

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.