Memory is full on my ipad and I can't delete songs from my itunes

My ipad is indicating the storage is full. Most of the storage is taken up by Itunes, however, I can't delete downloaded songs either in settings or in the app.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 1:56 PM

Hi bb3535,

Deleting the music under Settings should delete it from your iPad. Since that isn't occurring, please try powering off your iPad and restarting. This process can help when apps or settings aren't responding. Here's how to do this: Turn iPad on or off - Apple Support

After restarting, try removing music again:

Go to Settings > Music > Downloaded Music, tap Edit, then tap the Delete button next to All Songs or the artists whose music you want to delete.

These instructions are from this article Add music to iPad and listen offline - Apple Support

Kind regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 1:56 PM in response to bb3535

Hi bb3535,

Deleting the music under Settings should delete it from your iPad. Since that isn't occurring, please try powering off your iPad and restarting. This process can help when apps or settings aren't responding. Here's how to do this: Turn iPad on or off - Apple Support

After restarting, try removing music again:

Go to Settings > Music > Downloaded Music, tap Edit, then tap the Delete button next to All Songs or the artists whose music you want to delete.

These instructions are from this article Add music to iPad and listen offline - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Jul 13, 2023 12:19 PM in response to bb3535

Hello bb3535,

You came from this page which walks through how to delete music within the Apple Music app: Delete music in the Apple Music app

If your iPad Pro storage is full, use this resource to create the needed space on the device: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad

For more help, we'll need more information to assist. For example, what happens when you try to delete this music within the Music app? Are you receiving any errors? Are you an Apple Music subscriber?

Take care.

Jul 13, 2023 1:28 PM in response to bb3535

Thanks for your reply.

My ipad shows that storage is full and continues to send me messages about that.

As I mentioned, I have attempted to delete songs through the app and also in settings.

When I highlight a song to delete or highlight all downloaded songs to delete, nothing happens.

I am a subscriber to Itunes.

Memory is full on my ipad and I can't delete songs from my itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.