Reminders not showing up even though I have done iOS and Mac OS upgrades

Hello,

I am having issues with reminders on my iPhone and MacBook. I finally performed the upgrade to the new reminders format. It has some requirements as outlined here:

Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later - Apple Support

Here are my devices:

iPhone XS - iOS 16.5.1

Upgraded from iOS 15 to 16 last week.

Reminders seemed ok and I did the upgrade.

Now this week.....Only 3 of my reminders lists are showing up and I have this as one of the reminders:

"Where are my reminders?"

"The creator of this list has upgraded these reminders."

"Learn more here: Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later - Apple Support"

iPad iPadOS 16.5.1

I performed the upgrade from 15 to 16 this week after I noticed this reminders issue as this article does state that iPads should be running iPad OS, so I upgraded to version 16 to be in line with iPhone.

It has all of my reminders lists, however many old tasks are there unchecked and some of the new ones I created (when this was working on my iPhone) are not there.

Missing reminders and completed reminders from the past few months.

MacBook Pro 15" with 12.6.7 Monterey

Been on this OS for some time.

Reminders lists are missing.

This week.....Only 3 of my reminders lists are showing up and I have this as one of the reminders:

"Where are my reminders?"

"The creator of this list has upgraded these reminders."

"Learn more here: Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later - Apple Support"

Mac Mini with 10.13 High Sierra

Reminders are not checked in iCloud settings, so they are not enabled on this computer.

MacBook Pro 13"with Monterey

It has all of my reminders lists, however many old tasks are there unchecked and some of the new ones I created (when this was working on my iPhone) are not there.

iCloud Site

[ which takes forever to load :( ]

Looks to be the same list as the iPad and MacBook 13"

According to the article this link goes, I believe that am compliant.

So to summarize:

1) Reminders are not showing up on my MacBook 15"and iPhone

2) I have lost many new reminders (and checked off reminders) from the past couple months probably (which I created/competed on my iPhone).

Any thoughts / Help?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 5:31 AM

I did get this solved.

Unsure of the order here, but I did sign-out of iCloud on the ipad, MacBook 13" and Mac Mini, plus disabled reminders on all devices. There was a pending iOS and MacOS update which I installed on all devices. Then re-enabled reminders and signed the other devices back in. Then the reminders populated again on all devices and are in sync.

However there was some data loss as recent tasks I added were not there and some old ones that were marked as done months ago were now showing as not done.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 5:31 AM in response to avanspro

I did get this solved.

Unsure of the order here, but I did sign-out of iCloud on the ipad, MacBook 13" and Mac Mini, plus disabled reminders on all devices. There was a pending iOS and MacOS update which I installed on all devices. Then re-enabled reminders and signed the other devices back in. Then the reminders populated again on all devices and are in sync.

However there was some data loss as recent tasks I added were not there and some old ones that were marked as done months ago were now showing as not done.

Jul 14, 2023 1:55 PM in response to avanspro

Hey avanspro,

All of your devices are updated enough to be able to make use of the new Reminders app, so yes that would not be the issue.

If your reminders are missing at the iCloud site, it means there may be a data issue, for which we'd advise contacting Apple Support to take a closer look. Given the steps you've taken already to isolate out the issue, you can see contact options here:

Take care.

Reminders not showing up even though I have done iOS and Mac OS upgrades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.