Music library

Now itunes has been discontinued, how do I manage my files? eg backing up and syncing iphone and ipad as well as music library - all on my macmini. All my music library is of my personal CD library (mostly classical) uploaded over the years. My personal playlists have disappeared. The albums do appear but I can't open them as a message comes up that a file for certain tracks can’t be found.

Where has my music gone? Apple has wrecked the great file management system which existed in itunes.

I can still access and listen to my playlists on my phone and ipad but am reluctant to update any OS on them in case I lose all access to my music.

Hope someone can help...

Vivian

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 2:06 AM

Hi,

See What happened to iTunes? – Apple Support (UK)

You now use finder to sync your devices.

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 15, 2023 7:42 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks Jim

Ok I can back up my phone but still can’t find my personal playlists of uploaded CDs or play any albums. I have never downloaded any music from Apple Music. The playlists showing in Music are all Apple’s idea of what the average person’s playlists might be but there is nothing in them.

I don’t want Apples’s music, I want mine.

Vivian

Music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.