adding MyQ to Apple Watch complication

Hello All, I had the MyQ garage door opener set as a complication on my Apple series 7 watch; the battery died and the complication dropped off so some unknown reason. Who attempting to re-add that particular app is no longer on the list of available apps to add as a complication; the app IS on my watch app list, it works if I select mutually but I cannot add as a complication as I had before. I am using the same watch face, I deleted the App, reloaded, rebooted all devices, Calle Apple and Chamberlain, they both blamed each other. Anyone else having this issue? Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 12:00 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Oct 13, 2023 10:30 AM in response to g_lazz

g_lazz wrote:

Thanks all, I have abandoned trying to add MyQ as a watch complication, thought that perhaps after the latest update, 10.0.1, it may work again as it once did; I still find it hard to believe that app developers take out functionality as time goes on.

App developers drop support for features (and even devices) all the time. It's possible that MyQ doesn't feel that enough people use the complication for them to keep supporting it.

Mar 29, 2024 11:03 AM in response to g_lazz

Here’s your solution. Create a new Shortcut in the Shortcuts app. Add action “App” to open an app. Select MyQ as the app to open. Test it on your iphone, I should open the myQ iOS app.

Now in the “i” options for the Shortcut, enable “Show on Apple Watch.”

Now on your face (or in the Smart Stack), add a Shortcuts complication or widget, and select your new “Open MyQ” shortcut. Done.

Jun 11, 2024 7:44 PM in response to valcolmx

valcolmx wrote:

MyQ isn't showing up as a selection option at all. Just not in the list of apps available, yet it is on my phone.

MyQ does not offer a Complication.

It is just an app on your Apple Watch.

Press the Digital Crown and select the MyQ app.

If you want MyQ as a Complication, contact Chamberlain and ask them to add that to their MyQ Apple Watch app.

Jul 16, 2023 1:50 PM in response to g_lazz

Hi there g_lazz,

Not all apps are compatible with all watch faces on your Apple Watch:

You can add special features—called complications—to some watch faces, so you can instantly check things like stock prices, the weather report, or information from other apps you installed.

You'll find this information here: Customize the watch face - Apple Support

With that said, it's ultimately up to the app developer to choose which watch faces their app is compatible with in regard to complications. You'll want to reach out to the app developer for more guidance since they support their app and compatibility. This link will help you get started: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care.

Mar 29, 2024 1:08 PM in response to David Spalding

David.... thanks for this workaround, I failed in the last step, let me explain: the MyQ app no longer has the Apple Watch on the + (add) list, it did before I got to the last step, then it vanished. I quit the MyQ app and rebooted along with rebooting the watch. Now the app doesn't even work by manually selecting MyQ in the app list, I get an error message and it constantly fails to connect. I am now fully accustomed to just controlling it via the MyQ app on my phone, some images to illustrate ...

Jul 17, 2023 9:06 AM in response to Sparks0829

Thanks Sparks... duly noted, I did find some articles that said some faces don't work with some 3rd party Apps. In my case I was using the same face (simple with 5 complications including center date) for about a year with success. The developer's tech support for MyQ was pretty clueless, and I'm guessing with the last few updates it must have dropped off for some unknown reason. Still unable to add MyQ as a complication. I am trying a variety of different faces and so far no luck - so much for one touch convenience !

Oct 13, 2023 10:41 AM in response to g_lazz

g_lazz wrote:

sure, I get it, but their support should know this and relay to the end user, MyQ/Chamberlain support is not aware, nor did they even know what a watch complication was...

I agree. In an ideal world, tech support for small companies (and large ones) would always be knowledgeable. I don't think we live in that world, though. ;-)

adding MyQ to Apple Watch complication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.