Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Iphone 12 display has a yellow tint

Got an iphone 12 yesterday and noticed the screen having yellow tint its oly visible when looking right at the screen but looking at it from the side it looks fine / has no yellow tint. Planning on getting a replacement if i dont find a fix. Also yes i have night shift and true tone turned off.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 2:29 PM

Hi, first of all I would try turning on true tone, this would help adapting color based on ambient light conditions.

Then, I would go to the accesibility settings and check out if there is no colour correction option enabled.

To disable color correction on an iPhone, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone. The Settings app icon is a gray gear icon.

2. Scroll down and tap on "Accessibility." It is usually located in the third group of settings options.

3. In the Accessibility menu, tap on "Display & Text Size."

4. Scroll down to find the "Color Filters" option. Tap on it.

5. You will see a switch next to "Color Filters." If the switch is green, it means color filters are enabled. Toggle the switch to turn it off and disable color filters.

6. You can also adjust the "Intensity" slider if color filters are still partially enabled. Slide it all the way to the left to ensure color correction is fully disabled.

7. Exit the Settings app, and the color correction effect should no longer be active on your iPhone.

If the issue persists, I would try forcing a restart: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Olli47

Hi, first of all I would try turning on true tone, this would help adapting color based on ambient light conditions.

Then, I would go to the accesibility settings and check out if there is no colour correction option enabled.

To disable color correction on an iPhone, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone. The Settings app icon is a gray gear icon.

2. Scroll down and tap on "Accessibility." It is usually located in the third group of settings options.

3. In the Accessibility menu, tap on "Display & Text Size."

4. Scroll down to find the "Color Filters" option. Tap on it.

5. You will see a switch next to "Color Filters." If the switch is green, it means color filters are enabled. Toggle the switch to turn it off and disable color filters.

6. You can also adjust the "Intensity" slider if color filters are still partially enabled. Slide it all the way to the left to ensure color correction is fully disabled.

7. Exit the Settings app, and the color correction effect should no longer be active on your iPhone.

If the issue persists, I would try forcing a restart: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Iphone 12 display has a yellow tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.