But how do I install windows on my M1 Mac? (Boot Camp Does Not Support, and I don't want to use a VM.)

I want to, my school applications support Windows. But I use a mac, I lookup the article which says, using Boot Camp, but my M1 mac does not support it. I don't want to use a VM, but a proper windows installation. (I even got a product key until I realised my mac does not support bootcamp.)

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 1:00 AM

here is what microsoft says about your situation Options for using Windows 11 with Mac® computers with Apple® M1® and M2™ chips - Microsoft Support

it's unlikely there will ever be a windows for arm bootcamp solution

3 replies

Jul 15, 2023 10:13 PM in response to PannerFan45

PannerFan45 wrote:

I want to, my school applications support Windows. But I use a mac, I lookup the article which says, using Boot Camp, but my M1 mac does not support it. I don't want to use a VM, but a proper windows installation. (I even got a product key until I realised my mac does not support bootcamp.)

You either use the Arm64 version of Windows in the Parallels VM, or you replace this Mac with another computer that supports the way you want to boot and run Windows. Microsoft does not support native boot on Apple silicon, only Parallels.

But how do I install windows on my M1 Mac? (Boot Camp Does Not Support, and I don't want to use a VM.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.