how do I use bootcamp

I use to have windows for Mac on my old computer but it does not work on my new Mac Mini. I seen that I could use windows on my mac mini through boot camp. Unfortunatley I have no idea how to do it

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 6:28 PM

TiboyMac Said:

"how do I use bootcamp: I use to have windows for Mac on my old computer but it does not work on my new Mac Mini. I seen that I could use windows on my mac mini through boot camp. Unfortunatley I have no idea how to do it"

-------

How Boot Camp Works:

A. Learn More Here: Boot Camp - Apple Support

B. See this Link from MicrosoftTroubleshoot Sound Problems on Windows with Boot Camp | Microsoft

C. As for Getting a License:

Contact Microsoft Support. They are the Developer of the software.

Start Here:  Microsoft Contact Us Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 6:28 PM in response to TiboyMac

TiboyMac Said:

"how do I use bootcamp: I use to have windows for Mac on my old computer but it does not work on my new Mac Mini. I seen that I could use windows on my mac mini through boot camp. Unfortunatley I have no idea how to do it"

-------

How Boot Camp Works:

A. Learn More Here: Boot Camp - Apple Support

B. See this Link from MicrosoftTroubleshoot Sound Problems on Windows with Boot Camp | Microsoft

C. As for Getting a License:

Contact Microsoft Support. They are the Developer of the software.

Start Here:  Microsoft Contact Us Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Sep 21, 2023 6:39 PM in response to TiboyMac

If you have the new Mac mini with the M2 or M2 Pro processor or the previous model with the M1 processor, you cannot use Boot Camp.

Boot Camp is only an option for Macs with Intel processors. See the following from Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support

Boot Camp requires a Mac with an Intel processor.

A 3rd party product has options for running Windows on Macs with Apple processors but I have not used in and can't provide further details: https://www.parallels.com/

how do I use bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.