Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Transfer of Apps to a new Smart Watch

Hi,

I've an iphone 8 and just received my new Apple Watch 8 today ... how long until the apps from my iphone get sync'd to my watch ???

I can see on the Watch App on the phone each app has an 'endless circle' as if it is trying to talk to the Watch, but not a single phone app has appeared on the watch.

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 2:53 PM

6 replies

Jul 18, 2023 7:51 AM in response to Edward_VS

Hello Edward_VS,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with syncing apps to your watch. The speed is going to depend on the connection to your iPhone as well as the speed of your internet connection. Follow the steps here to sync the apps to your watch: Download apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Get apps with the iPhone that's paired with the Apple Watch

1. On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab.
  3. Scroll to the app that you want to add. Apps that you can install appear in the Available Apps section.
  4. iPhone screen showing Watch app

5. To add an app to your watch, tap Install.

If you can't find an app

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jul 17, 2023 8:41 PM in response to Edward_VS

Re: how long until the apps from my iphone get sync'd to my watch? : Any thoughts?

Seems the iPhone's iOS and the Watch OS are two different operating systems:

The Watch OS comes with it's own set of Apple apps, and the App Store also has apps for watch

(Seems some Watch apps may also be installed on the iPhone.)

The iOS and Watch OS need to be compatible versions to pair and work together ... we can't tell from your post.

Eg: If both have the current versions installed, they are compatible:

Apple Watch 8 can use the current Watch OS 9 version

iPhone 8 can use the current iOS 16 version (iOS 16.5.1)

If needed: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More info: Apple Watch User Guide - Apple Support

Apple Watch support website (info. / support / contact) : Apple Watch - Official Apple Support

Transfer of Apps to a new Smart Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.