Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Configuring, configuring and still configuring.

I moved home and reset my HomePods.

One of them reset and went through the setup process but continues to report it's still configuring.

Besides several settings being unavailable, it seems to do what it should. I can change its name and location, play music, and have it turn off the lights** etc.

I've reset it several times, but it's the same result each time.

Full Details:

I want to use it as one of a stereo pair. I initially reset it and opted for the setup to include the stereo pairing, but this resulted in the continual configuring status. Again everything (apart from the pairing) seemed to do what it should. I can change its name and location, play music, and have it turn off the lights** etc.

As this didn't work, I then tried resetting it and setting it up as a stand-alone unit, with the intention of pairing it after it had been set up and configured. Unfortunately, once again, it never finished the configuring stage, although, as before, except for the availability of some settings, it seemed to do what it should.

I even tried resetting it and setting it up in another room (settings-wise, not physically), so there wasn't already a HomePod in the room, but this resulted in the same configuring issue.

** When I say I can turn off the lights, I have to state for which room, even when it's the lights in the same room as the HomePod. I don't have to do this with other HomePods, so it doesn't seem to know where it is.

On which note, if I ask the other HomePod in the same room, "Hey Siri, are you in the kitchen," it advises me there are seven accessories in the Kitchen; if I ask the problematic one, it tells me there are 6. So it doesn't know where it is, but other accessories in the home do.

How do I overcome this, please?

HomePod mini

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 2:25 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Configuring, configuring and still configuring.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.