airpods audio is not constant between both ears

when i pause my music or audio and start to play again, one airpod is louder than the other. the only way for me to fix this is to disconnect and reconnect my airpods every time.

is there anyway for me to rectify this issue once and for all, rather than having to disconnect and reconnect my aipods every time i wish to pause my music or video?

AirPods Pro

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 5:30 PM

The most likely cause seems to be settings. Please see notes about checking audio balance in If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

However, it seems strange that the level changes during use, and is restored by disconnecting and reconnecting. This suggests you are removing the AirPods from your ears during the fix, so it could be a problem with physical fit. When you next notice the unbalanced audio please try the Ear Fit test before you remove the AirPods. On your iPhone, Settings / Bluetooth / Tap on Airpods and scroll to find the Ear Fit Test

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 5:30 PM in response to kimodol

The most likely cause seems to be settings. Please see notes about checking audio balance in If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

However, it seems strange that the level changes during use, and is restored by disconnecting and reconnecting. This suggests you are removing the AirPods from your ears during the fix, so it could be a problem with physical fit. When you next notice the unbalanced audio please try the Ear Fit test before you remove the AirPods. On your iPhone, Settings / Bluetooth / Tap on Airpods and scroll to find the Ear Fit Test

Jul 18, 2023 6:57 AM in response to kimodol

OK, you seem to have done most of the obvious checks. Your description that it occurs every time you hit Pause seems to suggest something related to software or settings rather than a hardware problem. There it a general guide to distinguish. If following a particular series of actions means the problem can be reproduced, you are probably looking at a software or settings issue. If the problem occurs at random and there is no way to reproduce it consistently, it is more likely to be a hardware fault.

At this stage I suggest you check your iPhone software is fully updated (Settings/General/Software Update) and check the software in your AirPods, let it update if necesssary. About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

If the problem persists after that point it might help to get your AirPods checked by Apple. Contact Apple Support to arrange.

Jul 18, 2023 4:59 AM in response to Branta_uk

i’ve checked the audio balance already and it is completely fine most of the time. the disparity between the ears only occurs when i have paused whatever it is i am listening to, and then press play again. the ear that looses volume also does not remain constant. sometimes it is the left and sometimes it is the right. changing the audio imbalance doesn’t seem to fix this.

i have also done an ear fit test and both ears are shown having a good seal!

i’m not removing the airpods from my ears, just disconnecting and reconnecting using the control centre. i’m not sure if i’m explaining it well but i click on the image of airpods on the music section of the control centre and connect it from there.

airpods audio is not constant between both ears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.