Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Camera bump on the iphone 14 prevents wireless charging in car wireless tray

The camera bump positions the phone at an angle, so there's no contact between the wireless charging spot and the charging pad. Flipping the phone on its face doesn't work either. And before someone asks, yes, I have rebooted the phone multiple times. My old iphone worked fine in the charging tray in my car, and this one just doesn't.

i'm wondering if buying one of the magsafe cases would fix this. Would that extend the magnetic area out far enough to allow contact? Or does the camera bump mean I'm going to have to buy a USB charger to plug into my car?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 5:45 AM

Hi,

I also have a flat car charger and my iPhone 13 will not charge on it with the cameras sticking out. I’ve tried several cases and none of them work. I’m honestly considering a Samsung for ease of use and charging. Both of my vehicles have chargers that my family can’t use because we all have iPhones.

3 replies

Oct 2, 2023 5:46 PM in response to shodoshan

It’s been a few months since you posted but I have just encountered the same problem, well my husband. Unfortunately, we’re yet to find a case that will make proper contact; even the magsafe cases don’t lay flat enough to connect. My iPhone 12 lays flat on the wireless charging pad but he has to use a charging cable. We also have a car phone stand that has a charging pad that’s a simple circle, so it fits. However, we’d rather not have another charger in the car.

Camera bump on the iphone 14 prevents wireless charging in car wireless tray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.