Hi I was wondering if the app phone doctor is good to clean my iphone 11? or if u could suggest a FREE app to get?

Hi, I was wondering if the app PhoneDoctor is good to clean up viruses or hacks that may have been put on your iPhone 11 or if you could suggest a free app that would do something like that

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 7:47 PM

It will not clean up viruses and hacks. If you are looking for a program to do that on an iPhone, then you may find some that claim to do that for a fee, or may scare you with virus notifications so you will pay for an in-app purchase that may stop their fake virus notification, but those would just be waste of money.

You do not need to worry about a virus or hacks on your phone, the only thing that you should be concerned about is phishing attempts. These will try to get you to provide them your Apple ID and password and with that information they may have the ability to lock your Apple ID. Here are some tips to help you avoid them.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 7:47 PM in response to leeann235

It will not clean up viruses and hacks. If you are looking for a program to do that on an iPhone, then you may find some that claim to do that for a fee, or may scare you with virus notifications so you will pay for an in-app purchase that may stop their fake virus notification, but those would just be waste of money.

You do not need to worry about a virus or hacks on your phone, the only thing that you should be concerned about is phishing attempts. These will try to get you to provide them your Apple ID and password and with that information they may have the ability to lock your Apple ID. Here are some tips to help you avoid them.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jul 17, 2023 8:16 PM in response to leeann235

leeann235 Said:

"Hi I was wondering if the app phone doctor is good to clean my iphone 11? or if u could suggest a FREE app to get?: Hi, I was wondering if the app PhoneDoctor is good to clean up viruses or hacks that may have been put on your iPhone 11 or if you could suggest a free app that would do something like that"

-------

Save a Few: Cleaning space manually, is best, IMO:

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM in response to leeann235

Hi there!

The PhoneDoctor app is not a good way to clean up viruses or hacks on your iPhone 11. It is not a real antivirus app, and it is actually more likely to infect your phone with malware than to remove it.

There are no free antivirus apps available for iOS devices. However, there are a few things you can do to check your iPhone for viruses and malware:

• Look for unfamiliar apps. If you see any apps that you don't remember installing, it's possible that they are malicious.
  • Check if your device is jailbroken. Jailbreaking your iPhone can make it more vulnerable to malware attacks.
  • Find out if you have any large phone bills. Malware can sometimes cause your phone to use more data than usual, which can lead to higher bills.
  • Look at your storage space. Malware can sometimes take up a lot of storage space on your iPhone.
  • Restart your iPhone. This can sometimes clear out any malware that is running on your device.
  • Restore factory settings. If you think your iPhone has been infected with malware, you can restore it to factory settings. This will erase all of your data, so make sure you back it up first.

If you're concerned that your iPhone has been infected with malware, you can contact Apple Support for help.

Here are some free apps that can help you protect your iPhone from viruses and malware:

• AdGuard. This app blocks ads and trackers, which can help to protect your privacy and security.
  • Malwarebytes. This app scans your iPhone for malware and other threats.
  • Norton Security. This app offers a variety of security features, including a virus scanner, firewall, and password manager.

I hope this helps!

Hi I was wondering if the app phone doctor is good to clean my iphone 11? or if u could suggest a FREE app to get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.