How to spot fake AirPods Pro 2?

Hi I want to know how to spot fake AirPods Pro 2, the thing is that I’m from Ecuador so no Apple official stores for me, there are some “official resellers” that sell the products at the double of his original price so that’s not worthy, but there are some minors sellers that go to the unite state and came back with some products like iPhones, Apple Watch, MacBooks and AirPods, I want to buy ones from a minor seller that have almost the complete stock of Apple products but I have some fear buying AirPods because is so difficult to spot the fakes since I never seen some real ones, some can someone help me with some advices ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Check these if you have AirPods pro 2 Gen but of them works with others too.

1. Google model no and check country origin same or not. (These are on the box)
  2. Check Apple coverage with serial number
  3. Apple logo on box is thick.
  4. Apple box weight is 244 Gram with box
  5. While opening the box, pullout paper comes out easily.
  6. Below the case there will be a cardboard case not the plastic one.
  7. In genuine product you will get charging pin with a proper packing in which only charging pin will be outside and lid will be inside.
  8. Serial number of box will match with charging case.
  9. Serial number of both AirPods will be different in settings.
  10. Apple airpods tips should be come out easily and 3 types of tips should be pinch in back to their place easily as well. There is a dedicated slot or hole for it in which it will fit and won’t fall.
  11. Real AirPods pro 2nd Gen weight is 61G (5+5gram ke AirPods + 50 Gram case)
  12. While connecting the fake ones first time you will get this message “Not your AirPods pro”…… while with real one “Airpods Pro”
  13. Play sound in Find my iphone and it does work only with AirPods pro 2nd Gen not with fake ones
  14. Track your AirPods case with find my iPhone.
  15. Go to bluetooth and check latest firmware because fake one doesn’t update to latest firmware.
  16. In Original go to setting~AirPods pro and you’ll get a expiration date but not with fake one’s.
  17. In Original, Noise cancellation will on while they are in your ears but with fake ones they will on continuously whether they are in ears or not.
  18. In Original case the written text will be much lighter than local one.
  19. With original case, after closing the case, your Battery percentage window will close automatically, but not with the fake ones.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 5:53 PM in response to jhojan999

Check these if you have AirPods pro 2 Gen but of them works with others too.

1. Google model no and check country origin same or not. (These are on the box)
  2. Check Apple coverage with serial number
  3. Apple logo on box is thick.
  4. Apple box weight is 244 Gram with box
  5. While opening the box, pullout paper comes out easily.
  6. Below the case there will be a cardboard case not the plastic one.
  7. In genuine product you will get charging pin with a proper packing in which only charging pin will be outside and lid will be inside.
  8. Serial number of box will match with charging case.
  9. Serial number of both AirPods will be different in settings.
  10. Apple airpods tips should be come out easily and 3 types of tips should be pinch in back to their place easily as well. There is a dedicated slot or hole for it in which it will fit and won’t fall.
  11. Real AirPods pro 2nd Gen weight is 61G (5+5gram ke AirPods + 50 Gram case)
  12. While connecting the fake ones first time you will get this message “Not your AirPods pro”…… while with real one “Airpods Pro”
  13. Play sound in Find my iphone and it does work only with AirPods pro 2nd Gen not with fake ones
  14. Track your AirPods case with find my iPhone.
  15. Go to bluetooth and check latest firmware because fake one doesn’t update to latest firmware.
  16. In Original go to setting~AirPods pro and you’ll get a expiration date but not with fake one’s.
  17. In Original, Noise cancellation will on while they are in your ears but with fake ones they will on continuously whether they are in ears or not.
  18. In Original case the written text will be much lighter than local one.
  19. With original case, after closing the case, your Battery percentage window will close automatically, but not with the fake ones.

Jul 18, 2023 7:04 AM in response to jhojan999

Hello jhojan999,

I see that you are having some concerns over the authenticity of the AirPods Pro you would be buying. I completely understand your concerns. One way of verifying the authenticity of AirPods is by going to Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support, and inputting the serial number. To input the serial number, the box does not have to be opened, just look on the bottom of the box for the serial number and the accompanying barcode. In addition, on that sticker where you can find the serial number is the model numbers for the AirPods. You can also verify these model codes by going to here - Identify your AirPods - Apple Support.

These methods are not foolproof, but they are certainly a good start.

Cheers!

How to spot fake AirPods Pro 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.