Apple TV+ Monthly Subscription fails but any other Apple purchases work fine.

Since updating my Visa Credit card (old card expired), my Apple Tv+ Monthly Subsciption keeps failing and requesting that I update my payment details. I have been doing so each month and then the automated payment seems to go through but next time around, I get the same Apple email saying payment declined.

Heres the rub:

The same payment method on my account WORKS with ANY Apple purchases - I regularly buy Movies on the same Apple TV device using the same Apple ID without any hassles at all. In my frustration with the TV+ subscription, I have now even changed my subscription to yearly and paid the entire years cost successfully USING THE SAME PAYMENT METHOD.

My bank has no idea why the Apple payments are failing on the subscriptions as according to them everything is fine - which it is for any manual payment I make to Apple. The same payment method works for my monthly Netflix & Amazon Prime subscriptions - without a single problem. Its only Apple TV+ Subscriptions.

Makes no sense. Go figure.

Maybe someone from Apple will check this and fix the issue so that it doesnt frustrate anyone else.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 6:52 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 19, 2023 4:34 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks, but I'd rather not go through the trouble of actually phoning Apple support for this. Besides being an archaic method of communication in this modern age that has no tracking or a way to successfully have an asymmetric communication thread (missed calls/hold times/timezones/countries/culture/language etc), I have yet to experience decent telephonic support from any technology company in the last 30 years.

So, no thanks. I solved my problem by paying up front with a manual payment - its up to Apple if they want to review this and see if there is an obvious problem - I am by no means the only person to experience odd payment issues.

Apple TV+ Monthly Subscription fails but any other Apple purchases work fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.