Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV payment method denied

Hi!

So I was just notified about Apple TV having a 3 month trial for LG OLED users so I thought I'd try it out... I went through the trouble of reclaiming this old apple account that I haven't used in a really long time in order to do this.

The problem is though that my payment method is denied every time I try and confirm that I want to use the 3 month offer, this happens despite the fact that I have money in my bank account and that the card is fully functional.

I'm getting sorely tempted to try and click the subscribe button at the bottom of the settings page over at "tv.apple.com/settings" in order prove this prompt wrong... It wouldn't surprise me if that payment would go throught without a hitch, as this seems to be a caused by a bug rather than my bank card, the issue is that I don't even know if the offer would remain if I did activate a subscription on this account.

I checked the following to see if it was correct:

Card number,

Card expiration date,

CVC/CVV,

Spelling of my name (Even though this should be a no-brainer),

Address (City, street, building type, post code),

Phone number.

Everything is correct and I'm still not let through when trying to confirm it all on my LG OLED.

I'm in dire need of your assistance. Could you please help a guy out?

OLED55B9PLA,

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 5:05 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 3, 2023 7:05 PM in response to Lucas_qwertyuiop

To redeem any offer from a partnering company, do not use the subscribe options at Apple, as that doesn’t apply the offer perks. Instead follow the redeem instructions as partnering company (LG in this case) indicates. You will need a valid Apple ID account with a linked payment method.

The way the payments works, is that you get a valid payment method linked to your Apple ID account. By pre-authorizing the payment method, items (digital products or services) can be purchased without going through the hoops of the payment method again for each future transaction that they hope for.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID (by country) - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

A card payment method must be issued in the same country as what the Apple ID account is set for.

Check if international transactions are supported for that card or bank account, as e.g. Western European transactions are made out to Apple Ireland. Not sure about other regions.

Subscriptions require a payment method that allows for automatic and periodical transactions with one pre-set authorization. Not all cards or bank accounts support that online, or require a change in settings.

Also verify that the Apple ID account is complete for other information. Your Apple ID account requires full user details as asked, including name, country, date of birth, a verified email address (respond to test message), and lastly the payment method.

You may be asked to visit activate.apple.com on computer or mobile, when starting the account creation on a third party device with the Apple TV app, like a smart TV.

Try managing your Apple ID account on the web: Manage your Apple ID - Apple. That has options for adding a payment method as well.

Else ask assistance from the Apple Support staff for your country. They would know best about the local situation on cards and possible special situations. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple TV payment method denied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.