Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Is Apple Podcast app no longer a supported app on the desktop?

Is it possible to delete the Podcast app and reinstall it on a desktop, running Cat. ver. 10.15.7

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 3:13 PM

OK,

We need to see what all is running & machine specs, a report from this will not display any personal info...

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 3:13 PM in response to MMMartin

OK,

We need to see what all is running & machine specs, a report from this will not display any personal info...

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Jul 19, 2023 1:13 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua, thank you for your response. However, my problem is much more simple and mundane. I download, organize, and listen to many podcasts on my somewhat older Mac Mini. My OS is capped at Catalina 10.15.7. The Podcast app has struggled for some time, becoming slow and often unresponsive, but just recently it has begun to be unusable, telling me that most of my pod episodes are "...temporarily unavailable, try again later...". I have tried many suggested fixes with no positive results, but much wasted time (fortunately, I am retired). My next step was to delete the app and reinstall, however I am unable to find the stand alone app for anything other then iOS. Hope that clarifies.

Jul 19, 2023 10:30 PM in response to BDAqua

Thank you BDAqua, the program helped me look in other directions and get out of my tunnel vision. The problem was in settings, and syncing between old Mac Mini, new MBPro, and new ipad and storage issues. The old horse is my favorite, but the program let me know that it has some serious issues and will need to be replaced. Problem resolved.

Is Apple Podcast app no longer a supported app on the desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.