Managing Call Forwarding

I have 2 iPhones (1 personal and 1 work) - I’d like to put call forwarding from work to personal. Is there a way I will then know if the calls I receive on my personal phone are forwarded from work or originate from my personal number being foaled directly?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 12:33 AM

Call Forwarding for Voice Calls is a Carrier Specific feature please contact your Carrier to understand this feature better.

Here are the steps on how to set up voice call forwarding to another number:

1. Check with your carrier. Not all carriers offer call forwarding, so you'll need to check with yours to see if it's an option.
  2. Find the call forwarding settings. The exact steps for this will vary depending on your carrier and phone model, but you'll usually find the call forwarding settings in your phone's settings menu.
  3. Choose a call forwarding type. There are different types of call forwarding, such as always forward, busy forward, and no answer forward. Choose the type that best suits your needs.
  4. Enter the number you want to forward your calls to. This can be any phone number, including a landline, mobile phone, or Google Voice number.
  5. Turn on call forwarding. Once you've entered the number you want to forward your calls to, turn on call forwarding.

Here are some additional tips for setting up voice call forwarding:

• If you're forwarding your calls to a Google Voice number, you can set up custom call forwarding rules. This allows you to forward calls from specific contacts or groups to different numbers.
  • You can also turn off call forwarding at any time. To do this, simply go back to the call forwarding settings and turn off the feature.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 12:33 AM in response to Urban_ang3l

Call Forwarding for Voice Calls is a Carrier Specific feature please contact your Carrier to understand this feature better.

Here are the steps on how to set up voice call forwarding to another number:

1. Check with your carrier. Not all carriers offer call forwarding, so you'll need to check with yours to see if it's an option.
  2. Find the call forwarding settings. The exact steps for this will vary depending on your carrier and phone model, but you'll usually find the call forwarding settings in your phone's settings menu.
  3. Choose a call forwarding type. There are different types of call forwarding, such as always forward, busy forward, and no answer forward. Choose the type that best suits your needs.
  4. Enter the number you want to forward your calls to. This can be any phone number, including a landline, mobile phone, or Google Voice number.
  5. Turn on call forwarding. Once you've entered the number you want to forward your calls to, turn on call forwarding.

Here are some additional tips for setting up voice call forwarding:

• If you're forwarding your calls to a Google Voice number, you can set up custom call forwarding rules. This allows you to forward calls from specific contacts or groups to different numbers.
  • You can also turn off call forwarding at any time. To do this, simply go back to the call forwarding settings and turn off the feature.

Managing Call Forwarding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.