Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Monochrome Printing to a Canon MF-735C

I am running Mac OS-X Catalina and printing to a Canon MF-735C (Color Laser) printer. It prints well but every page is printing with color thereby quadrupling my printing cost to print a small color logo. I would like to print in B&W for 99% of my prints but cannot find a place to set the printer to B&W. I have tried all the suggestions on the Canon support site but the field that specifies color or B&W is simply not there. Can anyone tell me how to manually set my driver to B&W or modify any file to force B&W output?

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 11:42 AM in response to MN_BOI

Support sites tend to show the printer interface as implemented on Windows and what Canon implements on the Windows side may not be available in the Mac side. Ask Canon how to do this on a Mac with their current drivers installed for the operating system.

I see that the Canon MF-735Cdw and MF-735Cx devices are supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint. Canon has also provided a slew of July 2023 driver updates too on their MF735Cdw site. Perhaps re-adding your networked (Wi-Fi/Ethernet -without USB cabling) printer using AirPrint will permit monochrome printing in the print panel.

Monochrome Printing to a Canon MF-735C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.