Apple ID Sign In question from Apple

Whenever I Sign In to my Apple ID on my 2021 Mac Book Pro M1, prior to Password request, I am presented with a screen that asks "want to Sign In to idsma.apple.com with your Apple ID." Well, yes, that is what I always want, but the only clickable option presented is "Sign In with another Apple ID" or "Continue with Touch ID"

Oh no, I only have one Apple ID (as most of us probably do), and that is enough for me! But nowhere is there an operating link for a "one Apple ID" person like me, so I am forced to choose "another ID" in order to get the Password box. Then I complete my Sign In with no problems. If I had wanted to use another Apple ID, it would not be possible at this point in the process, because this is AFTER I have entered my Apple ID in the prior screen, so why ask?

Anyone else get this nonsensical prompt, or is it just me? I've attached a picture of what I am seeing.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 2:46 PM

Hey there and welcome to Apple Support Communities Al_Chance,

We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

This is expected behavior when using Touch ID to autofill passwords when signing in. You can disable this process by turning off the feature. Check out this link for more details on how to enable and disable Touch ID on your Mac: Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support

That being said, we recommend leaving feedback for this particular subject. Your feedback is vital to Apple's goal of finding new ways to improve products and services.

Product Feedback - Apple

Kindest regards!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Al_Chance

Hey there and welcome to Apple Support Communities Al_Chance,

We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

This is expected behavior when using Touch ID to autofill passwords when signing in. You can disable this process by turning off the feature. Check out this link for more details on how to enable and disable Touch ID on your Mac: Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support

That being said, we recommend leaving feedback for this particular subject. Your feedback is vital to Apple's goal of finding new ways to improve products and services.

Product Feedback - Apple

Kindest regards!

Apple ID Sign In question from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.