Automated message "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser"

Hi

I recently connected my Apple account (Family Calendar) to my "Home Assistant" home automation system by creating an app-specific password, and since then I have started getting regular emails titled "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser".

I figured it was my Home Assistant doing this, however, it recently dawned on me that the email is the same for my 'known' system as it would be for any 'unknown' systems, how do I tell them apart, the email contains no other details other than a date and time?

If the automated message could include an IP address or if it was an app-specific password that is used or both then hopefully I would be able to spot someone trying to break into my account.

Thanks

Adam

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:14 AM

Bacon_1967 wrote:
If the automated message could include an IP address or if it was an app-specific password that is used or both then hopefully I would be able to spot someone trying to break into my account.

Click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Bacon_1967

Bacon_1967 wrote:

Click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

Automated message "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.