Unauthorized Charges from Apple Music

I noticed a charge from Apple 11.98 that should not be there. I have no subscriptions so how you are charging my bank account when I didn't even give that information is beyond unethical. How do I request a refund for a service I don't have. Fix this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2024 12:07 PM

I am trying to get in touch with you for the last few days, want to know why you are taking 14.74 off my credit card for the last several months, what am I suppose to be paying for and I would a refund back to my card. Thank you

20 replies

Mar 28, 2024 8:53 AM in response to desireluvrr

desireluvrr wrote:

I am being charged 10.79/USD bucks which is basically like $11. And I don’t have any type of subscriptions or anything ? I’ve checked multiple times and apple keeped on trying to request that 10.79 to a point where I removed my card from my account. But due to that fact that I cannot pay for whatever apple is trying to make me pay. I cannot download any apps.

(Getting help asap would really be appreciated🙏🙏 I’ve had to postpone downloading so many apps due to this)

It doesn't have to be a subscription, it can also be a purchase from a free trial that was not cancelled 24 hours before the trial ends. You can post your Purchase History and also select the time period if it has been longer than 90 days.

View your purchase history for the App Store and other Apple media services - Apple Support

Or even contact Apple directly and report back what you find out. None of have access to your account to do that for you. Users that have contacted Apple and reported back have found that they did make a purchase or did not have funds on the payment method when the free trial ended. You need to double click the sided button, so it is not something that can be done by accident.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jul 21, 2023 1:00 PM in response to madzertron182

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to information about charges to your account. Apple has a support article about charges — see each of the steps in the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help. See: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

or go to Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

Jul 21, 2023 1:12 PM in response to madzertron182

Here's a more detailed and descriptive list that includes a few reasons and solutions not mentioned in the article posted earlier:

The support article If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support explains how you can check your iTunes and App Stores purchase history, cancel subscriptions, and track possible sources of unrecognized Apple charges you may see on a bill. These may be purchases by family members if you are an organizer of a Family Sharing group, or possibly a second Apple ID you use. The article also provides a specific link for contacting Apple if you cannot trace the source of charges. If you use Apple Card you may find this document helpful too ➞ If you see an Apple Services charge you don't recognize on your Apple Card - Apple Support

Also note this service: View your App Store and iTunes Store purchases directly from your financial institution - Apple Support

"When you sign in to your financial institution website or mobile app and view your recent purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, or for Apple Music or iCloud services, you may see an option—such as View Receipt—that allows you to view more details about your transaction."

Other possibilities to consider (not all may apply in your situation):

● Purchases can be made with your ID if your Apple ID is compromised (read what to do ➞ If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support ) or somebody else has access to your device (require a purchase password as explained in this article ➞ Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support ).

● If you only see a charge in emails or texts that are not official Apple receipts, it is likely phishing attempts (see the article: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support ).

● If you are absolutely certain neither you, nor Apple, nor a Family Sharing member can account for a charge and it ONLY appears on a bill for a charge card you alone control, you may have been the victim of card fraud. Contact your financial institution.

● Small amounts of ~$1 may be an authorization hold that will be refunded (pending charge ➞ How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support ).

● Unanticipated amounts may be grouped charges ( How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support ).

If a purchase is listed in your purchase history and you want to ask for a refund, read this article about how to request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple ➞ Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

If a Family Sharing member made the purchase then you need to discuss this with that person. They would have to initiate any refund request.

If a reporting a problem request is unsuccessful or you have another issue you can also speak with Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service ➞ "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here ➞ https://support.apple.com/HT201232

Aug 7, 2023 8:26 AM in response to madzertron182

I have been getting the same monthly charge for a while on my debit card (one I never use for online purchases). Didn't notice it, and then when I did I assumed it was some recurring purchase. After looking into both of my Apple IDs, I see no charge for that exact amount. I contacted my bank and placed a stop on the charge and they also mentioned this is something many people have called about. I am cancelling my debit card and will be pursuing repayment of funds (not optimistic about this)

Mar 2, 2024 5:18 PM in response to Charlee2004

Charlee2004 wrote:

I also have a charge of 78.82 but can’t find what it is for and can get no help

It would help to know more information on what you have viewed:

• What is the description of the charge?
  • Where do you see the charge?
  • Have you checked the Billing & Subscription link already provided?
  • Do you have anything at Settings > [name on top] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Subscriptions?
  • Do you have anything at Settings > [name on top] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Purchase History?
  • Have you viewed: If you don't recognize a charge - Apple Support?
  • Did you get an explanations from Apple directly? Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support
  • Does anyone else know your Passcode/Password?

Feb 22, 2024 12:17 PM in response to tracadieunknown

tracadieunknown wrote:

I am trying to get in touch with you for the last few days, want to know why you are taking 14.74 off my credit card for the last several months, what am I suppose to be paying for and I would a refund back to my card. Thank you

If you are unable to find it using the links already provided by Limnos, then contact Apple directly as we have no access to your account. You can either do a phone call or start a support request online. If you have tried one of those, then try the other.

Feb 24, 2024 7:25 PM in response to MOINKSTER

To whom it may concern I am being charged for something I didn’t sign up for and doing all these charges that I don’t know what they are has sent me into overdraft twice so I’m not happy at all 😡😡😡😡😡 so APPLE needs to correct this PROBLEM ASAP before it puts me in another overdraft and be HIGHLY APPRECIATED TO RECEIVE A REFUND ASAP

What is it that you are being charged for?

Have you reviewed the purchases and subscriptions?

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

If it shows a subscription that you no longer want, it can be cancelled by following these steps:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If you signed up for a subscription on a website, you will need to cancel it from that site.

Does someone else know your Passcode/Password?

Set a passcode on iPhone - Apple Support

Update your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You can request a refund here:

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

You can also contact Apple directly:

Mar 28, 2024 10:23 PM in response to Cooperstew

Cooperstew wrote:

I am being charged 11.98 non stop to where I had to take my cards off my phone and now I can’t even download free apps

Did you check here to view your purchase history and subscriptions. It also has the link to show you how to cancel a subscription.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

If you were still unable to figure it out from there, what did Apple say when you contacted them:

Removing your card to avoid charges does not cancel the subscription, it still needs to be resolved. You will not be able to download any app whether it is free or not as long as you still owe money.

Feb 24, 2024 7:14 PM in response to madzertron182

To whom it may concern I am being charged for something I didn’t sign up for and doing all these charges that I don’t know what they are has sent me into overdraft twice so I’m not happy at all 😡😡😡😡😡 so APPLE needs to correct this PROBLEM ASAP before it puts me in another overdraft and be HIGHLY APPRECIATED TO RECEIVE A REFUND ASAP

Mar 28, 2024 12:21 AM in response to madzertron182

I am being charged 10.79/USD bucks which is basically like $11. And I don’t have any type of subscriptions or anything ? I’ve checked multiple times and apple keeped on trying to request that 10.79 to a point where I removed my card from my account. But due to that fact that I cannot pay for whatever apple is trying to make me pay. I cannot download any apps.

(Getting help asap would really be appreciated🙏🙏 I’ve had to postpone downloading so many apps due to this)

Unauthorized Charges from Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.