I have not replaced my camera but my phone suddenly thinks I have a foreign camera and doesn’t work properly.

Was taking a picture and the camera became unresponsive. I have to close it out and start over. I then received a notice that the non apple camera is unsupported. My camera hasn’t been changed and the phone never serviced.

Steph’s iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:08 PM

If this message appears, and you haven’t had you camera replaced by an UNAUTHORIZED third-party technician, then there’s an issue with the camera. You should take it in for an examination.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 8:08 PM in response to STephANie1245

If this message appears, and you haven’t had you camera replaced by an UNAUTHORIZED third-party technician, then there’s an issue with the camera. You should take it in for an examination.

Jul 21, 2023 7:25 PM in response to STephANie1245

STephANie1245 Said:

"I have not replaced my camera but my phone suddenly thinks I have a foreign camera and doesn’t work properly."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Has this occurred after installing an update? If so, report it as an update bug to Apple Support.

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 whet the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Jul 21, 2023 7:49 PM in response to STephANie1245

STephANie1245 Said:

"I have not replaced my camera but my phone suddenly thinks I have a foreign camera and doesn’t work properly.: I’m not sure it has anything to do with updates as it’s not like it updated last night."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Let Apple know what exactly is occurring here. If you did not update, and this was purchased from Apple, then there is an issue with the configurations of the iPhone. So, ask Apple what you options are to fix this. If you do not get this fixed, then the message will not go away. Screenshare: Perform a screensharing session with the Apple Rep, so they can see this firsthand, form YOUR perspective.

Apple Phone Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

I have not replaced my camera but my phone suddenly thinks I have a foreign camera and doesn’t work properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.