Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Charged for iPhone trade in instead of refund

I traded in an iPhone 11 when I bought my new iPhone a few weeks ago. I sent in my iPhone 11 and got a confirmation email saying that they received the iPhone and will be sending me $212 for the trade in.

My credit card says I was charged $212, so I contacted support who told me I was “refunded” and sent me the invoice where it says I was actually CHARGED $212. I asked them why it says I was charged and not refunded, they basically said idk and couldn’t help me - they said contact my bank.

im extremely frustrated here because I wouldn’t have traded In my iPhone to pay an extra $212 for this whole ordeal.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:13 PM

kp 39 tahun 2015 Said:

"[...]My credit card says I was charged $212, so I contacted support who told me I was “refunded” and sent me the invoice where it says I was actually CHARGED $212. I asked them why it says I was charged and not refunded, they basically said idk[...]"

-------

Screenshare and Speak with an Apple Advisor:

Just blowing this off with "IDK"? That's doesn't sound like Apple. So, contact them back, perhaps performing a screensharing session with them to show them all of this info on your screen. Request to speak with a Senior Advisor.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 8:13 PM in response to Kp539

kp 39 tahun 2015 Said:

"[...]My credit card says I was charged $212, so I contacted support who told me I was “refunded” and sent me the invoice where it says I was actually CHARGED $212. I asked them why it says I was charged and not refunded, they basically said idk[...]"

-------

Screenshare and Speak with an Apple Advisor:

Just blowing this off with "IDK"? That's doesn't sound like Apple. So, contact them back, perhaps performing a screensharing session with them to show them all of this info on your screen. Request to speak with a Senior Advisor.

Jul 21, 2023 8:23 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, unfortunately the support text line staff said they couldn’t escalate this to a supervisor or a billing dept. They went back and forth with me when I asked for clarifications of the invoice saying they couldn’t explain why it says charged either. I will definitely talk to a senior advisor.

Jul 22, 2023 7:40 AM in response to TheLittles

So I called them and basically they wouldn’t help. They transferred me to billing, they said they don’t have access to see the actual invoice where it’s says “my card ending in XXXX was charged 212.00”. The only suggestion they had was to dispute this with my bank. If I dispute this with my bank and they take away the charge for $212, then I’m still not getting my refund for my phone I traded in lol. So extremely frustrating. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and they told me no because the supervisor will say the same thing.

Jul 22, 2023 7:57 AM in response to Kp539

Kp539 Said:

"[...]They transferred me to billing, they said they don’t have access to see the actual invoice where it’s says 'my card ending in XXXX was charged 212.00'. The only suggestion they had was to dispute this with my bank.[...]"

-------

Contact your Bank:

If your credit card seems to have been scammed, then take that up with your bank. Perhaps, you should decline this through your bank.

Jul 22, 2023 8:03 AM in response to TheLittles

I’ll contact my bank for sure. It’s not being scammed though, the invoice they sent me said I was charged for $212.00, but doesn’t match their system because they don’t have the actual capability to see my invoice - they said they can only send it to customers… which makes no sense to me lol. Anyways, thanks for your help!!

Charged for iPhone trade in instead of refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.