Quark 2022 crashing on start up. Help!

I've been running Quark 2022 on my iMac (OS Catalina 10.15.7) without a problem for some time. This afternoon I sat down to work and it will not launch. I tried cleaning the cache and deleting the preferences. I've run Disc Utility First Aid a few times. I tried restoring Quark with Time Machine from yesterday when it was working just fine. Nothing has helped. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I'll upload the error message which I don't understand.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 1:55 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 23, 2023 11:53 AM in response to salpal555

Contact Quark as they are responsible for the application. What have you installed (or removed) just prior to this problem occurring. How much physical storage remains on your iMac? Is this a single-purchase or subscription version of Quark, and if the latter, is it an automatic renewal via credit card, and did your card expire?

Jul 23, 2023 12:04 PM in response to VikingOSX

My subscription in current, I have plenty of storage and I haven't installed or removed anything. The only anomaly

I've noticed is an odd window advertising stock photos (presumably it's an ad from Quark). It appears during the launch sequence and the second it shows up everything crashes. It's never been there before. I've written Quark about it but they're not easy to reach. Their chat doesn't work and nobody's answering the phone. I'm at my wit's end.

Jul 23, 2023 12:51 PM in response to salpal555

You are not using a VPN or have installed any anti-virus software? As I mentioned, this is not Quark support and you are really dependent on them to help with Quark related issues.

It is hard to believe any malware may block a normal Quark launch, but it may be worth downloading the free (don't subscribe to anything) MalwareBytes for Mac, install and run it, and then remove it via its Help menu. Then, reboot the Mac and give Quark another try.

Quark 2022 crashing on start up. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.