Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Unable Install fonts

When I try installing any font, I get a message saying, "Could not install font. This may occur because of efforts to install fonts in files containing no valid fonts. Check your selection and try again." from the Font Book application. I've tried restarting my mac several times and it's still not fixed.

London’s Mac mini

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 1:45 PM

What happens when you drop the font(s) into your /Users/yourname/Library/Fonts folder. This location is one of those searched by the operating system for fonts and these will show up in your application's menus provided they are compatible (not Type 1 Postscript) fonts.

4 replies

Jan 11, 2024 10:20 AM in response to VikingOSX

I just looked and I don't have a "library" folder under my username. Moreover, when I try to "Add a New Library" in the font book, or a new collection, nothing happens. Any idea what I can do here? I have tried validating the fonts and it says that they are all inspected and safe to use, but then won't install with the same error message as above.

Unable Install fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.