Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to the photos I added to the shared album?

So I created a shared album where I’m the only person in it. I’m also apart a iCloud Family Plan. So what happens to the photos I added to the shared album when I leave the iCloud Family Plan? Do I still have them available or do they disappear? (I will probably buy my own plan after leaving the family one)

sephora’s iphone 12 pro

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:21 AM

Hello sephora33,

Shared Albums are a completely separate feature, as you can share albums even if you aren't a member of a Family Sharing group. You can also share your albums with individuals that don't use iCloud: How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Hopefully that addresses your inquiry.

Take care.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 7:21 AM in response to sephora33

Hello sephora33,

Shared Albums are a completely separate feature, as you can share albums even if you aren't a member of a Family Sharing group. You can also share your albums with individuals that don't use iCloud: How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Hopefully that addresses your inquiry.

Take care.

Jul 25, 2023 11:35 AM in response to sephora33

Thanks for reaching out sephora33,

It sounds like you want to know what happens to your shared albums if you leave a family group. We can help.

Keep in mind that your photos use your iCloud storage when in a Shared Album. If you leave the family group, your available storage might change depending on the plan you select, but the photos will remain in your iCloud until you stop sharing them.

Learn more about how to Use iCloud Shared Albums with iPhone.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Jul 29, 2023 7:34 AM in response to sephora33

Hello sephora33,

We'd be happy to clear things up. Deleting these photos from your device will not change the shared album. In the meantime, this section describe what happens if you deleted these photos from your shared album:

When you delete a shared album, it's automatically removed from all of your devices and the devices of your subscribers. If you turned on Public Website, the shared album is removed from the web, too. Deleting a shared album permanently deletes all of its photos. Before continuing, make sure that you save any photos that you want to keep.

How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Feb 13, 2024 2:04 PM in response to sephora33

Hey I am a kid and i caught my dad cheating on my mom (i dont wanna make this personal but its very important to me) I had enough proof to tell my mom and showed pictures, we took his phone and tried sending it but he deleted it from whatsapp and deleted the shared album i made from his phone its extremely important we get it back as it is our only proof. We wanna tell her family and take it to court. As it is the second time his family isnt supporting us and we just really need them back if possible plz reply asap with anything we could rlly use a win rn.

What happens to the photos I added to the shared album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.