Zoom mode won’t go off

I have to keep unplugging my Apple TV because it goes to zoom mode on its own and I have zoomed turned off in settings. I’m tired of unplugging any other suggestions?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 9:38 AM

Could it be that Zoom is set to be part of the Accessibility Shortcut, and that the Accessibility Shortcut is accidentally invoked?

The Accessibility Shortcut is invoked by triple clicking Menu on the remote, so don’t click repeatedly too fast, if you meant to navigate 3 steps back. Repeating the triple click action would revert back to the earlier situation without those accessibility function activated.

If you have no use for the Accessibility Shortcut, then you can disable it by unchecking all of its possible functions.

Configure the accessibility shortcut on Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, for best support, fixes, and features. We’re on tvOS 16.6 now.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 9:38 AM in response to mmarti7358

Could it be that Zoom is set to be part of the Accessibility Shortcut, and that the Accessibility Shortcut is accidentally invoked?

The Accessibility Shortcut is invoked by triple clicking Menu on the remote, so don’t click repeatedly too fast, if you meant to navigate 3 steps back. Repeating the triple click action would revert back to the earlier situation without those accessibility function activated.

If you have no use for the Accessibility Shortcut, then you can disable it by unchecking all of its possible functions.

Configure the accessibility shortcut on Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, for best support, fixes, and features. We’re on tvOS 16.6 now.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Zoom mode won’t go off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.