Forgot Apple ID password

I think I’m locked out of my account. I absolutely can’t remember my Apple ID password. I had my wife’s phone as my recovery person/phone but when I go that route to recover my Apple ID password she gets the error message. I’ve tried everything including calling Apple. Do I really have to wait all this time to get my password & gain use to my brand new phone? It’s like a 10 day wait.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 10:24 AM

It sounds like you are using account recovery.

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 10:24 AM in response to JosephLane321

It sounds like you are using account recovery.

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

Jul 25, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the reply: It did give me the credit card option but that card is long gone & it’s expired so they probably wouldn’t be able to authorize it. I can get the code from email & email also just asks for credit card info or again says it can send yet another code & I end up going in circles. This all occurred because I changed my password on iphone13 & obviously forgot it just the day before I received a new iPhone 14 pro max. Im afraid after all these days waiting something won’t go right & I’ll be told to wait again. It’s not my fault recovery code isn’t working on ANY of my wife’s devices. We get an error every single time on her 13pro max & her older apple device too. Im new to Apple & although this is for security it seems extremely excessive & there should be another way or shorter waiting period. In the meantime I have to use the new phone for texting/calling & the old one for everything else….it’s basically a small tablet. You can’t access apps or do really anything without that info. Apple, please find a faster yet equally safe way to gain excess to our Apple ID passwords. I can think of numerous ways of validating who I am. Facebook can verify using drivers license. I realize that’s not secure enough but I’m not exactly sure how waiting 13 days is secure. A thief will simply wait just as I am having to do.

Forgot Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.