iPad 5 will not back up to iCloud. It worked fine 2 weeks ago. It will also not update to 16.6

I have a very good Wi-Fi connection. Automatic iCloud backup will not work. Manual backup will not work. iPad will also not install latest 16.6 update. Update installer says there is no internet connection even though there is a good Wi-Fi connection.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 5:31 PM

Thank you for the suggestions, but they did not help. My internet is good. Wifi download speeds over 600 mbs. While iPad has a full wifi signal indicated and most programs and apps work as they should, the iCloud backup tells me that there is no WiFi so it will not back up. Also, the latest update 16.6 will not update for the same reason. Storage is not a problem either. Scratching my head here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 5:31 PM in response to Jesse8293

Thank you for the suggestions, but they did not help. My internet is good. Wifi download speeds over 600 mbs. While iPad has a full wifi signal indicated and most programs and apps work as they should, the iCloud backup tells me that there is no WiFi so it will not back up. Also, the latest update 16.6 will not update for the same reason. Storage is not a problem either. Scratching my head here.

Jul 26, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Jesse8293

Please check for sure the network connection:

You need to have a good Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

👉 If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

-----

See -> If your iPhone or iPad won't update

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

See also:

Jul 26, 2023 5:59 PM in response to Jesse8293

Jesse8293 Said:

"iPad 5 will not back up to iCloud. It worked fine 2 weeks ago. It will also not update to 16.6: I have a very good Wi-Fi connection. Automatic iCloud backup will not work. Manual backup will not work. iPad will also not install latest 16.6 update. Update installer says there is no internet connection even though there is a good Wi-Fi connection."

-------

Use a Computer to Update:

A. Use my User Tip: Making Use of a Computer for Updating an iOS Device - User Tip

B. Use of Ethernet:

If WiFi will not work, then connect your computer to the Internet using an Ethernet cable. If you do not have an Ethernet port, then this is the adapter to use: The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple 

iPad 5 will not back up to iCloud. It worked fine 2 weeks ago. It will also not update to 16.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.