Content Restrictions do not work on Chrome/Firefox on Macbook Air

Hello,

I am trying to restrict adult websites on my child's Macbook Air, but have found that these restrictions do not work at all on Chrome and Firefox. I have tried enabling the screentime flag in "chrome://flags" as other posts have indicated, but this has not worked. I have updated the Macbook to the latest operating system.

I'm very disappointed that such basic functionality promised by the operating system does not work.

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 2:25 PM

nickchen123 wrote:

I am trying to restrict adult websites on my child's Macbook Air, but have found that these restrictions do not work at all on Chrome and Firefox. I have tried enabling the screentime flag in "chrome://flags" as other posts have indicated, but this has not worked. I have updated the Macbook to the latest operating system.

I'm very disappointed that such basic functionality promised by the operating system does not work.

Content restrictions work with Safari. You need to contact Google and Mozilla about adding content restrictions to their browsers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 2:25 PM in response to nickchen123

nickchen123 wrote:

Content restrictions work with Safari. You need to contact Google and Mozilla about adding content restrictions to their browsers.

Content Restrictions do not work on Chrome/Firefox on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.