My MacBook Pro won’t accept my login screen password or offer an option to reset

I have tried to login to my login screen on my MacBook Pro, but it won’t accept it. It is no giving me an option to reset the password no matter how many attempts at the password I try. Caps are not on. I have tried restarting numerous times and leaving it alone for 10 minutes prior to attempting the password a third time. I have shut it down and nothing works.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 5:25 PM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2023 5:50 PM in response to Struggling2login

Struggling2login Said:

"My MacBook Pro won’t accept my login screen password or offer an option to reset"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Account Login:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

or...

B. Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

My MacBook Pro won’t accept my login screen password or offer an option to reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.