Missing "poof" cursor issue (MacOS Ventura 13.4.1)

Hello,

On this official apple website, on the second row of the table, it says that the poof cursor becomes visible when "the item you’re dragging will disappear when you release the button." However, I do not see the cursor when I drag app icons out of the dock and release them. Is there another way to get this cursor?

Thank you :)

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 1:59 AM

Okay. I figured out what the "poof cursor" is. For example, in Mail, when you select "Customize Toolbar…", if you drag one of the icons out of the Toolbar, when you release the mouse or trackpad, a little puff of smoke appears where the cursor is. To me, it just seems like a cutesy graphics element. At least now I get it. 🙂

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 1:59 AM in response to Le_Fishe

Okay. I figured out what the "poof cursor" is. For example, in Mail, when you select "Customize Toolbar…", if you drag one of the icons out of the Toolbar, when you release the mouse or trackpad, a little puff of smoke appears where the cursor is. To me, it just seems like a cutesy graphics element. At least now I get it. 🙂

Missing "poof" cursor issue (MacOS Ventura 13.4.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.