Text from UPS about order for pick up at Apple Store

I just got a text from UPS about an order I placed yesterday. The text includes my tracking number and states the following:

"A package for you with tracking number [insert number here] is on its way.

If you want to pick up the package from the closest pick-up point [adress], when it suits you, please answer "1" on this message.

If you instead want to get your package delivered by a UPS-driver to your given adress during the delivery date, please answer "2" on this message.

Please inform us of your choice, 1 or 2, before 9pm today."

The thing is: the text is legit. I looked up the number as well as typed the tracking number into the UPS website, and it worked. But I ordered the products for pick up at the nearest Apple Store, and don't know what choice to make.

Can anyone help me?

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 4:46 AM

I would contact UPS not by any link from a text but from their site, in my country these types of phishing attempts are very very popular, heck they even send me such sms's from the same phone number one of the parcel carriers used for legit sms's

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 4:46 AM in response to PontusG1

I would contact UPS not by any link from a text but from their site, in my country these types of phishing attempts are very very popular, heck they even send me such sms's from the same phone number one of the parcel carriers used for legit sms's

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Text from UPS about order for pick up at Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.