AVCHD file (from JVC camcorder) to view on iMac?

Hi,

I want to view video's I have shot with my JVC Everio R Camcorder.

But iMovie can't recognise the AVCHD format?

Can anyone help please?

Regards Brian.

Apple’s iMac

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 7:18 AM

Hi,

Try right-clicking on the AVCHD package and then click on Show Package Contents. There will be several folders and subfolders revealed. In the BDMV subfolder there is a sub-sub folder called STREAM. In the STREAM folder you will see files with the .mts extension. The .mts files are the movies. Copy drag them into iMovie and iMovie should read them. If not, convert the .mts files to Mp4 with the free download Handbrake.

See this thread for more details:

Importing AVCHD/MTS Files as an Archive a… - Apple Community

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

A simple way to do it is to open Handbrake and do a File/Open Source. Navigate to your video and choose it as the source from the resulting screen. Then do File/Start Encoding. Wait a couple of minutes for the conversion to

complete. Then save and import the converted clip into iMovie.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 7:18 AM in response to brm59

Hi,

Try right-clicking on the AVCHD package and then click on Show Package Contents. There will be several folders and subfolders revealed. In the BDMV subfolder there is a sub-sub folder called STREAM. In the STREAM folder you will see files with the .mts extension. The .mts files are the movies. Copy drag them into iMovie and iMovie should read them. If not, convert the .mts files to Mp4 with the free download Handbrake.

See this thread for more details:

Importing AVCHD/MTS Files as an Archive a… - Apple Community

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

A simple way to do it is to open Handbrake and do a File/Open Source. Navigate to your video and choose it as the source from the resulting screen. Then do File/Start Encoding. Wait a couple of minutes for the conversion to

complete. Then save and import the converted clip into iMovie.

-- Rich

AVCHD file (from JVC camcorder) to view on iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.