My iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.6 (20G75) won’t let me disable the need for a password in free app’s update

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, two of the toggles in Media & Purchases/password settings are gone and one is gray and unable to turn off.

I am completely unaware of how this happened and today when the popup window showed up in app store updates, I added my password then it continuously asks for the password.

Please Advise.

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:38 AM

Did you check the settings for app downloads in the settings for ScreenTime on your iPhone?

If downloads or changing the settings for your account is restricted, those purchase settings will stay greyed out.

Have a look at this related article:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 12:38 AM in response to rockstarchef

Did you check the settings for app downloads in the settings for ScreenTime on your iPhone?

If downloads or changing the settings for your account is restricted, those purchase settings will stay greyed out.

Have a look at this related article:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.6 (20G75) won’t let me disable the need for a password in free app’s update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.